Thursday, June 19, 2008

Americas new light bulbs

If you read my post on oil in America, and you check out the comments, a buddy of mine, crotchety old man reminded me of the light bulb joke that is about to be forced on Americans.

I saw this video posted on youtube from a reddit post, about three weeks ago, about a new kind of light bulb Americans are going to be forced to use come 200somethingsomething. (edit: Here's the original article I saw.)



It's funny how these things are just passed, without people knowing it. Without any notification, any serious news coverage... and it seems to me that something like this, while seemingly unimportant, can have a trickle effect for the future that is hard to interpret now.

But I think it's very clear that someone is going to be making a ton of money on this deal.

Cui bono? Who profits?

It's the most important question when it comes to legislation being presented and passing.

1 comment:

Da Old Man said...

Thanks for the shoutout. That bulb isn't even made in America, so we are being forced to send even more dollars overseas, which attacks our economy again.
It's not Dems vs Reps, it's both of them against us.