Monday, June 23, 2008

John McCain and Michelle Obama... oh boy



You know, it's bizarre how, in the internet age, a ridiculous company like FOX would go out of their way to edit something like this from all transcripts. I've seen this a few times on a few different sites, this isn't a hoax.

My dad was a Vietnam vet. He did two tours. And he was not proud of America for doing what they were doing. First, he goes over there and it's hell, you know. Not Hanoi Hilton hell, but hell none-the-less.

Then he comes home to anti-war protesters... I remember I took some pictures of the Vietnam memorial and gave them to my dad. I was, christ, in 5th grade, I think? He looked at them and said "You can keep these, I don't want them."

So, while I understand what McCain is saying... as a presidential candidate, I don't think it's possible to say something dumber, unless you say "I really respect George W. Bush."

McCain hasn't said that, has he? Christ, I'm sure it's out there somewhere...

But the biggest problem here is the Michelle Obama connection.

This is an awful video, the sound synch is way off, but Michelle Obama has been attacked repeatedly in the press, especially by right news networks like FOX, about her statement of being proud of America for the first time in her adult life.



With this, I'm sure you can see why FOX has gone out of their way to edit their transcripts.

These things seem to get the hackles up on people who don't go and do some research, or take into consideration the context. And they vote with their insignificant amount of knowledge, because it's better to hear about politics from 3rd or 4th hand mouths than from trusted sources.

Any anti-war protester over the last five years is not 'proud' of America. They're ashamed. Does that mean they hate America?

This isn't an issue, in my opinion. But you'll be hearing a lot about this FOX editing in the weeks to come, if they don't lay off the Michelle Obama attack, and frankly I think that the McCain line is worse.

No comments: