Thursday, August 7, 2008

Problem with Maryland SWAT team

I read an article on this many weeks ago, but I was perusing CNN (don't ask) and saw it, so I figured I'd link to it.

I'm not sure how many of you (christ, I think I'm only speaking Crotchety these days) are movie fans, but if you ever watch any cop dramas, you'll be able to recall plenty of plot lines where agencies did not share information with local police, and ended up doing something stupid/bad/wrong/deadly.

I don't have enough fingers (I have twelve*) to count how many movies have this plot line. There are that many.

More than twelve.

So I find it ridiculous when I see these kinds of stories, and how even now, today, police agencies are still this stubborn.

A simple phone call would have cleared up this entire situation. But the Prince Charles police department decided the bust was more important than courtesy.

These officers who go in after the door comes off its hinges are more interested in shooting then they are in justice. At least, that's the way it seems.

You'd have to have that kind of mentality to take that kind of job, I would suspect.

I hope that the Mayor will be able to take this as far as it will suit him to get over this situation. I think the last sentence ties up the entire article very succinctly.

* I do not have twelve fingers.

No comments: