Sunday, August 3, 2008

so much to talk about

I don't even know where to begin.

Ok, let's start with the last article I read, about the Department of Homeland Security. In this article you'll read about a document that found its way onto the internet in early July, about how the DHS has, and has had for some time, the authority to take your laptop, ipod, iphone, flash drive, and any other computer hardware you have, whilst entering the country.

And hold said items indefinitely.

I hope to have a post, at some point, where I discuss the United States becoming more and more like a police state. The truth is, it's already here. Simmering.

-------

The only black reporter at a McCain news conference was kicked out, along with a white woman who questioned the Secret Service (you know how hard it is to not write SS?).

I love the back peddling of the McCain camp on this one.

-------

Here's an interesting video on the limits of Executive Power, by Vincent Bugliosi, who recently wrote the book: The Prosecution of George W. Bush for Murder.



-------

Here's an interesting article that was posted online at the Wall Street Journal about how it's possible Obama is too skinny to be President.

THE WALL STREET JOURNAL?

I know, I know. For a second, I completely forgot that it's a Rupert Murdoch rag.

-------

Walmart (AKA the fall of modern civilization) has briefed its US managers on the perils of a democratic president.

It seems that Walmart does not want its workers to unionize.

This might be because they hire workers who are illegal and get paid minimum wage or less, if that's possible.

But, of course, they're not telling anyone how to vote.

"Psst. You know, McCain doesn't support that bill."

"Yeah, I know, but I'm a Democrat, and I hate the -"

"Do you like pudding?"

"I, umm..."

(laughs) "Everyone likes pudding, right?"

"Sure, I guess..."

"Well, imagine with me, if you will, a world where pudding costs more than what, you know, what we sell it for."

"Yeah..."

"Or Cheesy Poofs."

"Oh, I like those."

"You see? Today, we enjoy what we have. Tomorrow?" (shakes head) "I worry about tomorrow."

"There won't be Cheesy Poofs tomorrow?"

(whisper) "Not if you vote Democrat."

I was there, I heard it all.*

-------

Here's another gem from the Wall Street Journal that states that... no, seriously, just go read it. I don't want to spoil it for you.

Here's a nice take on the article.

-------

Kucinich is moving forward with the impeachment of George Bush. He's got a video out there on Make Your Call.org, a site dedicated to ending the war, impeaching the president and Dick Cheney, restoring the Bill of Rights, and making sure that when Obama is in the White House, that pudding and Cheesy Poofs will still be affordable.

-------

Finally, Obama opposes reparations for slavery.

I refuse to get involved in this topic, but it's news.



*I was not there, I heard nothing.

No comments: