Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Anyone else worried?

So, out of the blue, the United States decides to send a diplomat to Iran, to discuss their nuclear program.

Bloggers and every day people who have been following politics a lot longer than I have are very worried about another 'terrorist strike' inside of the United States, before, during, or after the DNC in August, in Denver.

Now, I'm not up for conspiracy theories and the such. What people believe is what they believe. I, for one, have always had it in the back of my mind that the 9/11 attack was circumspect. But that's just me. There are too many things that make the entire issue gray, on both sides.

But I find this situation interesting. First, Bush goes and gives an 'amber' light to Israel, to start gearing up to bomb Iran's nuclear facilities... and now he's sending a diplomat?

Maybe I read and write too much speculative fiction, but doesn't this whole situation smell like a plan?

I can just see the meeting on this.

"We're going to flip-flop, cause everyone's doing it, and send over a guy who we really don't need in the long run. And while he's over there, he's gonna get 'killed' by rebels, or whatever. This will shut up all the Iran no-war-nay-sayers, and get us McCain in the White House in November."

I'm generalizing, but it's not completely out of the realm of thought, right?

No comments: