Thursday, July 17, 2008

Pelosi, contraception and google

First off, I'm not sure if you knew this, but since 2005 (I believe), when you typed in 'failure' or 'miserable failure' and clicked "i'm feeling lucky", you would be directed to a page on George W. Bush.

This was explained as a bunch of people getting together and linking 'miserable failure' to this site.

They linked miserable failure.

Miserable failure.

Moving on.

Today, Nancy Pelosi has gone out of her way to call President Bush a failure.

This coming from the woman who, since 2004, has blocked impeachment proceedings against Bush. In 2006 she told Democrats that impeachment was 'off the table'.

Someone on reddit pointed out that this was amazing timing on her part, as Bush was opening our shores to domestic drilling (not sure I'm for this) and sending over a diplomat to Iran. It's an interesting point.

She's the first woman, the first Californian and the first Italian-American (eyeroll) to ever be named Speaker of the House. She's the highest ranking woman in the history of the United States.

Now, maybe it's just me, but isn't this a pot / kettle situation? Has this woman, with the force of a Democratically controlled Congress, done anything right while being in office? Sure, she helped raise minimum wage. Her 100 hours program seemed audacious, but in the end accomplished little. It seems to me that the Democrats are scared of losing control of the House, so they take the safe route to the middle. And this woman has been leading them. She's known as a 'liberal', but most see her much more conservative.

Her words, at her acceptance of House Speaker:

"The election of 2006 was a call to change — not merely to change the control of Congress, but for a new direction for our country. Nowhere were the American people more clear about the need for a new direction than in Iraq. The American people rejected an open-ended obligation to a war without end."

So much has changed...

I won't even get into FISA. It's so not worth it.

I read that article and I just sat down, hard, clicked my teeth, missed my tongue by mere centimeters and thought "Do these people think we're all that stupid? How is it even remotely possible that a woman who was supposed to be a kind of beacon, and who became the opposite, can sit there and call Bush "a total failure"?"

This isn't a circus any more. It's an episode of The Twilight Zone. No. No. It's an episode of The Outer Limits, written by Richard Matheson.

WAIT! He wrote for both, so take your pick.

If you've got half an hour, you know, cause we all sit at retail stores on Fridays and do nothing, or have insomnia, or take speed to make sure that the bugs don't catch us... check out this Wolf Blitzer interview of Pelosi, with a whole bunch of I-Reporters sending in their video questions. I haven't watched it, but it seems to be where the whole 'failure' thing came from. I'll give it a view tomorrow.







And one last thing to make you put palm to forehead and wonder why our fate is in the hands of... get ready...

A miserable failure.

The Bush Administration sent out a memo that defines some contraception methods as abortions and will be cutting off funding of hospitals and states who try to provide such.

Sigh.

One last side note:

From wikipedia, I found that Cindy Sheehan has vowed that unless Pelosi moves to impeach Bush, she's going to run as an independent in 2008. Wow, I didn't know that... Cindy is one tough lady. I'd say, since the Democratically controlled congress has done SHIT since 2006, she has a chance.

2 comments:

Harvey said...

Cindy Sheehan has as much chance in defeating Nancy Pelosi as Raph Nader has in getting elected to...anything...but keep on dreaming you leftist wackos! LOL

stiles said...

So... because I think that Sheehan has a chance, I'm a leftist wacko.

I see.

It's not because I think Pelosi is a waste, and basically anyone with a pulse could do the same job she did... no, that couldn't be the reason.

It's because I'm a leftist.

Sigh.